How Can I Help?
Fill out our Contact Form to become involved,
or read the information below:
How to Help Peers in Need
- Ask your peer how she/he is feeling
- Identify people who may be isolated or quiet.
- Assess immediate needs
- Reflect back to them what they're telling you -- make sure you understand
- Validate her/his feelings. "This must be a really difficult time for
- "I know it has to be really difficult for you to concentrate right
- Normalize her/his experience, "You know, what you're feeling is really
okay for what's going on."
- Acknowledge to your peer that talking as a positive response to crisis.
- There are campus resources that can help. Help make that connection.
- Touch base with your peer after they've had contact as follow-up.
Click to Print This Page